Thursday, January 10, 2013

Premium Gas


Achieving any kind of goal in my life, I need to have a good plan (a written plan complete with strategies and tactics) and then work really, really hard.

With a physical goal, my plan always focuses on three primary areas: mental training, physical training and nutrition.

Nutrition is so important to performing at my peak at anything in my life.  When I eat better, I feel better, am happier and achieve more. 

Our bodies house the dreams and goals of our mind.  It is our premium car.  We need to fuel it with premium nutrition.

Leading up to my race, I am fueling my body with plant-based whole foods; staying away from meat, dairy and eggs.  I am focusing on fruits, veggies, whole grains (quinoa, brown rice, lentils).
So excited when I received the NutriBullet for Christmas from my Mom and Dad!  The absolute perfect gift to help achieve my goals!  I have juiced in the past and although I love juicing, it does create a mess and a big clean-up.  It also takes out some of the nutrients of the foods. 

The NutriBullet pulverizes the fruits and veggies, leaving the most optimal amount of the nutrients available for our bodies. 

I cannot believe how easy the ‘Bullet’ is!  I am so happy that my parents found this for me.  I am not getting paid by the company and am not a sales rep….but, just telling you from my personal experience…it is an easy way to get healthy! 

I am on a business trip in Atlanta right now. Often times this is an easy way to make an excuse to stray from healthy habits.  To ensure I am on track, I brought the ‘Bullet’ and some whole, raw foods.  One of my favorites right now is blending some spinach, kale, banana, pear, blueberries, organic raw maca and a bit of raw cacao.  Packed with fuel for my body and mind…and tastes good too!
I also like blending avocado, cucumber, spinach, pineapple, pear and lemon. 

Happy to be able to continue to fuel my body even in a hotel room! 
This pic is from our hotel room.

This is a picture of a drink made up of rasberries, strawberries, apples, banana and spinach. This one is good for you and tastes great....my kids love this one!!  In fact, my 10 year now loves to create his own concoctions.  


This is a pic from our home of the "green machine" drink (as I call it) :-)  (avocado, cucumber, kale, spinach, broccoli, pineapple, pear, lemon).


No comments:

Post a Comment